Do you kiss your baby on the lips? Is it okay to do so according to Islam? If you’re not sure, then you’re not alone.
We regularly receive questions from our brothers and sisters about what is and isn’t permissible in Islam, and this is certainly a topic that confuses many people.
So, let’s try to clear things up and answer the question is it haram to kiss your baby on the lips or not with reason and some guidance from Islamic scholars.
Is It Haram To Kiss Your Baby On The Lips
There is no definitive answer to this question since there is no explicit mention of it in the Quran or Hadith.
However, we can reason and look to other similar rulings in Islam to try and come to a conclusion.
Firstly, it’s essential to understand that there is a difference between what is haram and what is makruh.
Haram means something strictly forbidden and carries a sin if you do it, whereas makruh means something disliked but not sinful.
In the case of kissing your baby on the lips, it is more likely to be classed as makruh rather than haram.
This is because there is no evidence to suggest that it is haram, and it is not something that is harmful or carries any major sin.
You can kiss your baby on the cheek, head, or forehead, as these are all permissible, and there is no issue with doing so. But kissing on the lips of the baby may be considered makruh.
Furthermore, Some people argue that it is okay to kiss your baby on the lips since babies are innocent and pure. They say that there is no harm in kissing them and it is a way to show affection.
Hence, for such people, we’ve collected some authentic statements from Islamic scholars stating why kissing babies on the lips is disliked.
You might also like reading is kissing on the cheek haram.
Why Is It Not Permissible To Kiss Babies On The Lips?
Although there is no clear evidence to suggest that kissing babies on the lips is haram, there are a few reasons why it may be disliked.
Also, the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) says avoiding things that seem Haram at first sight is better.
So here are a few things to consider:
- Fitnah: One of the reasons some scholars give is that it may lead to fitnah or trial. This is because when babies grow up, they may start to think that it is okay to kiss people of the opposite gender on the lips, and this can lead to further problems.
- Niyah: If you kiss your or someone else’s baby on the lips with the intention of sinning, then this is obviously haram. However, it is still makruh if you do it without the intention of wrongdoing.
- Infections: Another thing to consider is that babies are more susceptible to infections and illnesses. So, if you kiss them on the lips, there is a risk of passing on germs and bacteria, which can make them sick.
- Islam Is A Religion Of Moderation: It’s important to remember that Islam is a religion of moderation. We are encouraged to avoid anything that is excessive or goes to extremes.
- Islam Teaching: Lastly, according to Islam teachings, if children get 10 years old, it is not even allowed to sleep on one bed, as strange feelings could arise. So, you can imagine how it would be to kiss on the lips even if the child is a baby.
So, even though kissing babies on the lips may not be haram, it is still better to avoid it as it is not something that is necessary.
If you don’t know either can you kiss the Quran, you can read our blog post to know the Islamic ruling on that.
Q. Is kissing on the lips haram?
Kissing on the lips before marriage is haram in Islam. However, if you’re married to that person, then it is not haram to kiss on the lips.
Q. Is kissing on lips allowed in Islam?
The answer to this question depends on the context. Kissing on the lips is allowed in Islam only after marriage to your spouse. But before marriage, it is considered haram (forbidden.
Q. Why can’t you kiss a baby on the lips?
Kissing a baby on the lips is not recommended in Islam. It is best to avoid it, as young children can be prone to germs and infections. If you must kiss them, it is best to do so on the forehead, cheeks, or hands instead.
Q. Where should you not kiss a baby?
It is best to avoid kissing a baby on the lips. Instead, kissing them on other parts of their body would be more appropriate, like the forehead, cheeks, or hands.
Q. How do you tell someone not to kiss your baby on the lips?
If someone is trying to kiss your baby on the lips, you can inform them that it is not appropriate in Islam. You can also explain why it is better to avoid it due to the possibility of them passing on germs or infections.
Q. Can you kiss your child on the lips in Islam?
No, kissing a child on the lips is not permissible in Islam. It is best to keep physical contact with children at an appropriate level and avoid anything that could be seen as inappropriate or harmful. Kissing them on the forehead, cheeks, or hands is better.
If you’re celebrating birthdays of yours or your baby, you should also know is it haram to celebrate birthdays or not.
In conclusion, to is it haram to kiss your baby on the lips, there is no clear evidence to suggest that kissing babies on the lips is haram.
However, it is better to avoid it as it is not something that is necessary, and there are a few reasons why it may be disliked, as discussed above.
If you want to show affection to your baby, you can kiss them on the cheek, head, or forehead instead.